I was haggard as hell last night but making these cookies was a decision I definitely do not regret. So I baked these guys for a tea party I was going to, but I never expected them to turn out this scrumptious.
Continue reading if you wanna know how to bake the chunkiest, chewiest and fudgiest chocolate muesli cookies ever!
Inspired by this recipe from Food Network but because it had a lot of bad reviews, I decided to switch things up a bit. 🙂
2 sticks of margarine, at room temperature
2 cups of brown sugar
2 large eggs (preferably native)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup Ricoa cocoa powder
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
10-13 tablespoons of Muesli (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and using a mixer, cream everything until it becomes a semi-homogenous mixture.
- Gradually add the eggs and the vanilla extract to the butter and the sugar mixture.
- On a medium bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (salt, flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, muesli) and mix well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients while continuously mixing the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until it turns into a kind of pasty consistency.
- Prepare a baking tray and line it with parchment paper.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the baking tray with scoops of the cookie dough until completely filled. Make sure to leave room for when the cookie expands and flattens.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Best served with milk and/or yoghurt!
I had these for breakfast this morning and they were absolutely delightful.